Arturia Spark. Anyone played with it?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 14 22:47:47 CEST 2011

Op 14-8-2011 22:16, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

>> OTOH, it does look a lot more intuitive than Maschine (which I
>> own as well).
>
> How does that fare? I am kinda hoping that with a Maschine I
> might be able to combine the best of Ableton with the best of
> MPC, would that work? It probably would mean that I'd need to
> recreate everything I have in Ableton now (120 tracks and nearly
> as many scenes for a show with 10 tracks so far), but I really
> really miss the track-mute functionality of the MPC... it just
> works so well. If only the MPC (2000, original) didn't have that
> 128 file limitation...

I think I will pass this question. When I got Machine, I just
started being flooded with work, and that almost hasn't changed
since then. As a result I almost haven't done any music since
about 2 years. The only thing I did was a couple of tracks for
clients of Rolf's (company presentations, that kind of stuff), so
I haven't used Machine much.

Within 1 week, though, I will finally have 6 weeks of almost free
time to do new music! Looking forward to downloading any Machine
updates and getting back to making music! Yay!!!

Well, back to work, I guess...