London/UK violence

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 10 09:02:22 CEST 2011

On 10.08.2011 00:09, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>>> This is fairly expressive of my point of view:
>>> http://www.hannahnicklin.com/2011/08/i-can-understand-them/

It's a good read. I think it takes an important step: It tries to look
at the problem from the angle of those who riot. Admittedly, this is
easily mistaken for an attempt to excuse their behavior. But
realistically: There is a problem that needs a solution - a long term
one. (Enforcing the law with massive police force is the correct short
term patch). Before one can find a solution, the problem needs to be
understood - taking their point of view for a moment is an important
part of that.

Martin