London/UK violence

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 9 23:18:38 CEST 2011

On 09/08/2011 22:07, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
> But the weight of the materialist addiction... sheeesh.....
> (or more precisely, 30kg, or whatever one of those screens weighs)

I'm sure you can find the model from the picture and find out! :)

I don't understand the materialistic thing.
With a little patience, even those on benefits can afford these things
without stealing, dealing drugs, shooting each other or, rioting.

I guess it's more about the perception of time advertising and the
(fake) pressure of government education and literature that attempts to
brainwash us all into a frenzy of, as the Queen song says:

"I want it all, and I want it now"

I'm happy to wait a few months to be able to afford something other than
food or drink. Still not employed (that's about a decade) but can afford
nearly everything I want! I have more stuff than I have space for
(tools, bikes, gear) yet I'm still supposed to buy more?!
Actually, I need some more tools ;)

Maybe I'm odd, or stubborn?