xbox (to buy or not to buy...)

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 6 01:44:08 CEST 2011

Thanks to Wendy's two kids, who are in their early 20s, we have all 3
consoles here. After finishing Zelda and Mario on the Wii, the PS3
would be my choice, but that's because Gran Turismo is a personal
favourite (I've played it since version one on PS1) and because it
plays BluRay discs, which exist, which I find a more useful ability
than the Xbox's ability to play HD-DVs, which don't. If a game is
available for all 3 platforms, then we go for the PS3 version... but
we all get annoyed at the clunky operating system that seems to want
to download 1 hour of updates for every 4 hours of game play. If you
like first person shooting games, the xbox may be more to your taste,
there's not a massive gap between them as far as graphics goes.

- Andy_R