Bat detectors

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 5 20:48:51 CEST 2011

On 05/08/2011 18:15, Peter Korsten wrote:
>> My only question is: why?
>
> To accurately predict how much garlic you need to buy. You know,
> just-in-time delivery, it's all the rage now.

Bat Sandwich :)

It's something other to do!
There are also many other animals and insects that make noises/calls
higher than our range of hearing, or lower (whales)
Think of it as a hearing aid or extension to hear that which we are not
meant to hear, by God given limitations, if you think that way, or by
design, or by selection or genetic mutation or variation ;)

The bats we have around here must make many noises within human hearing,
I hear them, I think they sweep through a huge range with their chirps.
Either that or I'm hearing a subharmonic somehow.
Anyway, nobody else around me seems to hear them!

Super G! The bat locator ;)

Best way to locate bats is at dusk; look to the skyline just above the
trees, or where beasties flock (lamp lights, low over streams etc.)