had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 2 13:45:38 CEST 2011

Jay,

> No "Mac Defender"?

hehe, nope...

> Ah, you are not talking about code you've written, but someone elses?  Well then it points to very dodgy drivers somewhere ..

nope, I've not written any code for the Mac.

> .. MIDI messages under OSX can be sent as either the normal 3-byte type, or SYSEX dumps (variable length).  If you're sending SYSEX a byte at a time with the 3-byte message API, then there *will* be 'gaps' in the stream that OSX gets confused by.  Better to use the "SYSEX buffer" API, and not try to do it yourself a byte at a time ..

again, I am using SYSEX.
I'm using an app called sysex librarian
(http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/) which has worked fine in the
past.

> What device, though, that is the question .. ?

huh? how do I check? I got it form ebay, if I recall you mentioned
buying a standard MIDI interface when I was struggling to get my
steinberg one to work with my mac. It's been fine until the last few
months.

BTW, the device works fine on my old XP dell laptop.

Paul