had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 2 11:47:53 CEST 2011

It's getting slow and unreliable.
Nothing big, lots of little things.

For example the usb thing, if I have three or four finder windows open and
connect a usb disk it'll show in three of them but not the fourth.(and yes
I've been using macs for over 8 years so know about removing the disk)

The MIDI interface is a huge problem, I've wasted 3 weeks trying to debug my
sysex loader for zira only to find that its "skipping" two bytes in every 6.
The code was right first time! I need reliable tools...

I may get an SSD drive and install ubuntu. Cheaper than buying new hardware,
but I worry about driver support.

All I want is a reliable dev platform....

Paul