had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 1 22:07:05 CEST 2011

Guys,

 My mac is now really pissing me off, the new MIDI interface keeps
dropping bytes and misbehaving. The machine sometimes recognises
external drives in some windows but not others and the whole web
browser just sucks ass. no way in hell I'm ugrading to the latest OS.

 So I'm after some advice..... I want a new laptop and new OS, here's
what I need ;

1) AVR Tool C Compiler and programmer, don't care what compiler, I'm
happy with GCC for the AVR aslong as the IDE usable)
2) AVR Assembler, again, don't what or how, as long as I can edit
text, assemble it and program it
3) Must support Eagle
4) Must have "drop box" available for it.
5) Must have LONG battery life i.e. more than 8 hours
6) needs to be portable (13" screen is big enough, 15" is too big).
7) Needs at least 2 USB ports, ideally 4
8) Needs an "office" type suite that supports .docx and .doc
9) Needs a PDF creator
10) when I close the lid, I want it to suspend, when I open it, I want
it to restart... don't wanna screw around pressing "start, shutdown,
suspend".

it doesn't need super fast CPU or wizzy graphics, this is for coding
and drawing schematics.

i'm totally open to OS, windows7/ubuntu/whatever and machine.

Willing to pay up to 800 quid, but would prefer to pay less than 500.

Paul