AudioGL

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL_HIDDEN
Wed Aug 10 18:19:47 CEST 2011

Hmmm... Undoubtedly an impressive demo. But it's not liberating in a profound sense. Rather, it lets you do everything you already know you want to do. To go further, language is required, and the superlative language for synthesis is Supercollider, because the language itself is musically expressive beyond the confines of things like tempo and timbre (which are part of vocabulary that arises specifically from western classical music), the underlying synthesis engine takes good care of various audio-related rendering issues - unlike Max and pd - and the software is peer-reviewed, open source, and well-written.

Tony (HB)