Predator: A Smart Camera that Learns

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 8 23:20:54 CEST 2011

Op 8-4-2011 10:00, Chris Strellis schreef:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhNXHCQGsM
>
> This is great. How about using yourself as a controller for virtual
> synths :D
>
> BTW:  wait for the doom-sayers saying the military/police etc will get
> hold of this technology and use it to track people on CCTV... oh wait!
> It's been done!

A couple of years ago, I saw an on-line video of somebody who had built
a sentry gun like you find them in Half-Life. It was a camera, one of
those toy guns that should foam projectiles, and a couple of servos.

It would recognise a human shape and aim at the heart. If you moved, it
started shooting you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al-4_1kUBLc

Now *that* is scary.

- Peter