Your favorite delay?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 7 21:15:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

> But, the trains really are among the nicest.  I once took the Amtrak superliner all over California, and it was just .. well, really classy.  I love that sky cabin!
>
> Sure, the Euro-trains are fat too, but quite plastic, imho.

I rode the Amtrack from Chicago to New York.  An 11 hour trip ended up
taking 20.  Worst travel experience of my entire life.

> The train systems in Europe are one of the reasons to live in Europe, imho.

Agreed.  On all three of my trips there, I have taken trains, and
their regional trains are just fantastic.  They want to build some
here, but politics is making it impossible.

Tony