Wow .. super cool gadget ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 5 19:35:21 CEST 2011

Op 5-4-2011 9:01, Martin Naef schreef:

> On 05.04.2011 07:22, Peter Korsten wrote:
>> For a software company, Microsoft make pretty awesome hardware.
>
> Primesense, you mean? ;-) Microsoft was on the lookout for range-sensors
> for some time until they finally settled on that system. Kinect is
> slightly repackaged, but it's essentially the Primesense system.

Yeah, I'm quite aware that much of what Microsoft produces has been
acquired from other companies (which is odd, given how many developers
they employ), but not that many people had heard of Primesense (I hadn't).

In comes Microsoft, puts it in a different package, all the media cover
this cool new gadget and voilà, we have a hit. That's the difference.

> I'm now waiting for MS to release the official SDK and for me to have a
> bit more spare time, then I'm quite likely to get a Kinect for my
> real-time visuals work.

What would you do with it?

- Peter