Vector drawing program (not Inkscape) recommendations?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 29 23:30:09 CEST 2010

Op 29-9-2010 8:32, Jay Vaughan schreef:

>> For starters, it doesn't support my tablet, whereas GIMP has no problems
>> with it.
>
> Do you mean pressure sensitivity?

No, it just doesn't work. I can move the cursor, but that's just
Windows. It doesn't register when I press down the stylus. As mentioned,
GIMP works well, pressure sensitivity, using the back as an eraser, the lot.

The reason why it doesn't work is because the developer don't have a
Bamboo tablet, or not running Windows, or something like that.

>> Second, there's no way to set character spacing; you have to do that
>> with some arcane keyboard combination. Which doesn't work. Even though I
>> have a US keyboard layout.
>
> Are you using Inkscape on Windows or Linux?  In Linux, text spacing is adjusted in the Text dialog box quite easily.

There's no such setting in Windows. They tell you to use Alt+< and
Alt+>, but it doesn't work.

>> So, are there any (free) vector drawing programs on Windows that don't
>> have the aforementioned drawbacks?
>
> Ah, Windows.  Never mind then.  Illustrator?

Free?

Yes, Windows. Some people still use it...

- Peter