ACD (un)law leaked things

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 28 18:02:56 CEST 2010

Links to news items:

http://tinyurl.com/28pp8xt

If you hadn't heard, shit's been in the news, this law firm working on
behalf of another well known firm, just to try and hide it a bit, has
been sending out thousands of letters of blackmail to scare people into
paying silly avoid-court penalties (~700ukp). So I downloaded it and it
is nearly all PORN download accusations. Jeezus. We all know many will
feel forced to pay up, if they don't, these details of your 'granny
porn' obsessions will leak out in the press to embarrass your ass ;)

Of course, ACS-L not encrypting this data and the leak makes them liable
for breach of the DPA, but I doubt that £500,000 or whatever fine will
be forth coming. Oh, they already leaked your details too, so more fool
the 8-13% of suckers who paid up without contesting it! Doh!

I will make a couple of the documents available on a webspace I have
available, just for a lookee:

neurogenesis in the hippocampus (oops, wrong clipboard paste :)

http://www.clicc.f2s.com/temp/PornChaser.rar

XLS Lists users ISP, the alleged infringement, personal details (don't
blame me. It's now in the PD)

http://www.clicc.f2s.com/temp/Statement No1.rar

One (of many) xls Accounting of this escapade.

Hopefully, if anyone ever receives a threatening letter from this, or
any other company demanding money, you now know what to do.
I hope ;)

It's already not looking much like a sustainable business...