Getting Paid for Music

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 18 02:52:25 CEST 2010

Hi Bar,

So, if you get asked to do music for, say in my case a slideshow/web
content/trade booth material, how do you determine your fees?  In the past I've
done a couple of projects that I got paid back in say cases of wine or something
(e.g. a Norther California winery).  But now I've been asked for some start up
company gig and was asked what my rate was, and I had to tell them that I get
back to them.  Anyway, for some one who gets paid as a software engineer I
couldn't determine how much I should be asking.  DJ gig rates was easier to
determine, especially when the hiring club tells you how much they are going to
pay, but for specific music projects, I have no idea.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

cheers,
mohsen