Arturia Origin

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 10 04:50:57 CEST 2010

They are actively developing it. It has gone much slower than expected with updates it seems but they look to be hard at work, the latest update came out fairly recently I think. They seem to have gotten most of the bugs out of the way and are focusing on adding features - I believe more module types as well as synth templates are the first priority, with a TI type integration "possibly" being a priority somewhere down the road. Also they are releasing the keyboard version soon so they are gearing up for that. They have been working on this platform for many years, so it seems at least they are very passionate about it. This is the opinion I gathered reading the arturia user forums, you can check it out. I think the only issue is support hardware wise, it can be a lengthy process if you have issues, but this is the case with any boutique type of instrument.

I'm hoping the price drops become more wide spread and the good word gets spread around, more users will ultimately keep the platform alive. Right now it's pretty solid as is. Only thing I have seen is with the onscreen cursor for the the data wheel, if you try to spin it really fast sometimes the the parameter goes in the opposite direction. Also have gotten some stuck notes when hitting the transpose button on my controller(virus) keyboard.