Schnapps and Chilli sauce ..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 31 15:05:13 CET 2010

On 10/31/2010 12:37 PM, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Man, what a satisfying way to end the gardening season..
> anyone else doing something like that these days?

I like mega capsicum once in a while (so hot your head numbs)

I've only made a bottle of whisky liqueur recently.
Bramble whisky, made with freshly picked brambles (or blackberries) from
the bit of waste ground out the back.
Of course I didn't stick to the recipe, instead opting for a cross of
Maple/Bramble/Drambuie recipes (Half Maple Syrup, half honey, a dash of
treacle/golden syrup, fennel seeds, star anise, cloves, a hint of ginger
syrup and some other stuff)
All made from a bottle of Glenmorangie, but any cheap single or blend
would have done.
Supposed to let mellow out for a month at least.
Don't steep all the berries and spices for that long though. About a week.
Looks good. Really smells like drambuie, but is a very deep purple colour ;)

(can't drink yet.... must resist....)