Cucumber kimchi

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 24 20:51:35 CEST 2010

I would say try it as you go and when it gets to a point where you are
really grooving on it, eat it.  Some people like it with minimal to no
fermentation and others prefer it more sour.  I just happen to be the later
type but that doesn't mean anything.  Kimchi is actually also easy enough to
make that I kind of make smaller batches as I go through it instead of
making the massive amounts kraut or pickles I typically do once maybe twice
a year.  If you use kimchi in cooking, the older more sour stuff tends to
work better so often have old and new batches around for cooking with and
eating straight or as a condiment.  That same site also has a good looking
recipe for cabbage kimchi.

http://drbenkim.com/how-make-kim-chi.htm

James R. Coplin - 郭杰明
University of Minnesota