front for a synth

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 7 03:11:16 CEST 2010

Le 7 oct. 2010 à 02:00, K9 Kai Niggemann a écrit :

> I looked it up and found the video on sequencer.de where the Enigiser was making pretty nasty sounds...! seems like a cool module, I think Zebra has quite a bit of that same KNARZ.

This one is the semi-modular, mine is the basic system full modular. Way less stylish (I'd even say ugly).

Circuitwise, there's nothing rather new, save the filter which is any mix of low pass, notch, high pass, 12-18-24 or 6-12-18 I don't remember… (can't show a pic, they are on a drive somewhere, in the mess of my appartment in full rework now and the Orgon is packed and secure elsewhere)

Given the state It came home, I've never plugged it in, as the transporter did a real mess… The circuits are fine seemingly, but the faceplates are broken (circuit fiber glass, coated with copper on one side, used as global mass in each module). So I deem it needs a restoration I have not been able to start for now.

Here is a vid of the largest Orgon Modular I know of (there's 2 big boxes on the wall) like this http://www.matrixsynth.com/blog/media/orgon/orgon.7407067643/synth4.jpg for a closer view.
but I can tell you it's OLD.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LxukDorsett
I heard about the guy, but I don't remember what happened to him or his syste (I think he died, not sure). He had such a large one as he worked with Geoff for some time.

Geoff Waterston the builder of the systems, did a series in The Mix, years ago of DIY, just before making the semi-modular (there's quite a number out there, but not in the hundreds) then the modular systems (very few). I've managed to talked a little by email with him, but he's rather secretive…

My trial to find other Orgon owners have been rather difficult, last call years ago on AH gave me only 2 other modular systems and one semi (geoff excluded).

You can tell it's my rarest piece of gear! :o)

Denis H]