China in brief...

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 2 17:21:18 CEST 2010

So after a week in China I finally have 5 min. time to check my mail...
It's been hectic.

So in brief:
If you want to do business in China, learn the language. You can not
rely on a translator...
When a Chinese engineer sais "Yes" it means "maybe" and most likely
"No".
Learn to eat with sticks, they appreciate it if you're good at it. (I'm
getting really good at this)
Be prepared to eat bugs, squid, intestines(? sorry, but to lazy to go
get my dictionary), and other gore looking food, which tastes awesome
when you have the guts to try it...
Learn to drink heavily... They’ll try to get you drunk (so take plenty
of aspirins for the day after... I suck at this tho)
Don't drive (I am, but not happy with it, I was promised a driver but
that was a lie), they'll throw you in jail when you kill someone.
Traffic is crazy.
etc...

Today I got to stop at 4, so I had time to stop and visit a temple...
Some pics here... (Sorry for the quality of the pic's, they were taken
with my mobile)
http://china.thebigear.be/

I'm off to bed now, I'm still suffering from my jetlag...

BTW... Forget chinese restaurants in EU, that's not the real deal...
Forget curry in the EU, again, not the real deal... much better here...
All the food is just so much better here... I wonder why?

Cheers,

--
ToAd
<http://www.thebigear.be>