Octatrack

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 22 22:34:10 CET 2010

On Nov 22, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> Op 22-11-2010 15:57, Jonny Stutters schreef:
>
>> +1.  The demos they're posting at the moment are pretty much at the
>> first go in the music shop level.  Until someone inventive gets a hold
>> of this and shows it doing something more than twiddling a couple of
>> parameters it's going to be very hard to tell how useful it'd be.
>
> Strangely enough - that fact in itself is completely inspiring
> again ;-)

this does make it more exciting :)

It's such a weird product though. Errr... here we made this... not really sure what it is, the best way to use it, or what really makes it cool, but here. It's almost like their users were asking for a hardware type sampler for so long, they said ok, made one, made it kinda weird, and then scratched their heads and couldn't really figure out on how to market it.

The only demo I find interesting is the "Chaos and Order" one in the audio editor and splice points section. Basically a bunch of random noises are turned into a pattern. It seems like that what this is best at, experimentation. Hardware is usually better at this because you are not staring at a big ass screen, you are focused more on your auditory sense.

So much damn money as usual, I'll check what the novamusik special is but I doubt it's much.