Hang

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 22 16:45:03 CET 2010

On 20/11/10 10:25, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> btw, I was taking the piss. ;)  Its just that the Hang, and the iPhone, share
> so many similarities when it comes to control by its creator ..

I think that our culture has not always fairly rewarded its creators, and this
imbalance is taken seriously by those lucky few who have found that they have
created something of great value. However, there is another way, which tends to
work best, for now, with software, and for that we can thank a creator whose
initials are RMS.

Meanwhile, I have a lot of sympathy for either extreme. Only the open extreme
contains any guarantee of the possibility of further evolution, but the closed
extreme is about the only way to get beyond a certain critical mass for creating
some new technologies.

Tony (HB)