Soundtrack for FW Murnau's "The Last Laugh"

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 15 11:31:10 CET 2010

Hi bar,

last wednesday  we performed our live-soundtrack for the silent film "The Last Laugh" (German title: Der Letzte Mann), made in Germany in 1924 by F.W. Murnau (of Nosferatu fame).

We performed at the Academy of Fine Arts in Münster in a large lecture hall, but opened the rear wall into the four story high foyer, creating a huge reverb chamber that is a bit odd on the recording, but was great live.

We made a live-recording that I'd like to share with you, including a link to Google video with the film itself:

<http://resonator.de/der-letzte-mann/>

Three steps ensure a pleasant viewing experience:

1. turn down the volume of the video itself
2. press play on the soundcloud player
3. press play on the video player*

feel free to download the whole file, too.

All comments are welcome.

Kai

* I can't guarantee that the film will be all synced up until the end, since we played with a different version -- silentfilms can vary greatly in length as they are rarely shown/converted with the right framerate. The Google video seems a little fast to me, so eventually it may drift. You'll get an idea and the music is yours to keep anyway...;)