MiniDisc

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 12 16:54:10 CET 2010

Hi Kai

On 12.11.2010 14:55, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
> I have quite a large number of MiniDisks with field recordings dating
> back to 1996. I am looking for a reasonable way to transfer them to
> the Mac, from what I have read, though NetMD (the MD player with USB)
> is only on PC and does not support what Sony calls "upload", the
> direction MD->Computer.

I did this before, simply using the TOSLink optical output from my MD
player into the digital input from a MacBook Pro. In other cases I even
used the analog chain. If you did field recordings, it's quite likely
that the weak link in the chain is elsewhere and the small losses from
the extra conversion never becomes the issue.

Martin