Reactable mobile available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 12 15:50:42 CET 2010

On 12/11/10 13:10, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:

> On 12.11.2010, at 12:22, Romain / rXg wrote:
>
>> Cool , I'm very  curious to watch it, :) From your point of view : Is it
>> fun to play with the Reactable ?
>
> Yes, it's lots of fun. The main difficulty is to create something that's
> usable, in musical terms. You need (as with any instrument) some time to
> really grok it and not just drop random bits and pieces on the table.

This is my thought with a lot of the graphics-based musical instruments, at
least, whenever they attempt to go beyond modifying sonic parameters of existing
music.

I have to remind myself, this is not about a way to make music that we would
recognise as music, this is a way to make sound that one day, we may recognise
as music, possibly, or possibly not.

These "toys" are the future, because they encourage play without purpose.
Decoupling the future from the shallowness of man's ideals :)

Tony (HB)