Castor, Radioactivity, Green Energy, Kraftwerk

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Nov 7 14:33:52 CET 2010

Hi Jay

On 06.11.2010 3:40, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> We are currently in the middle of buying our house.  As soon as its

Cool! Is that the one you currently live in?

Funny that you mention this - we actually signed the contract for our
house the day before yesterday... We'll be moving around May next year
after some renovation works.

> all signed and sealed, I'm going to look at installing wind and solar
> systems ..

Good luck. Make sure you really look at the whole picture - e.g. check
that you actually generate more energy than what is required to build
the turbines and equipment in the first place.

Personally, I'm rather sceptical on such small scale electrical energy
production, unless you're off the grid (e.g. the cabin in the mountains
scenario). Solar collectors for hot water, yes. For the rest I think the
money is better invested into good insulation (windows, walls, roof) and
other energy savings than into production.

Martin