Castor, Radioactivity, Green Energy, Kraftwerk

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 6 12:22:08 CET 2010

since yesterday a transport of Castor-type containers is bringing 123 tons of radioactive waste from nuclear fuel reprocessing plant in  La Hague, France to the interim storage facility in Gorleben, Germany.

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gorleben+germany&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=64.241198,135.263672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Gorleben,+L%C3%BCchow-Dannenberg,+Lower+Saxony,+Germany&t=h&z=13>

The conservative/liberal coalition government elected in Germany in 2009 has decided to start again with the explorations of Gorleben to see if they can turn the interim storage into a perpetual facility. Recently reports surfaced from the 1980s that showed how evidence for water entering the storage (with the possibility of washing out radioactivity into the ground water) was systematically ignored and or silenced.

To mark the occasion I would like to suggest a very fitting song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqxvISvb14

Also I'd like to suggest to all of you to change your power supplier to a green company that makes energy from renewable energies. I have done it one year ago, the price difference was negligible and it's good to know that my synths and computers run on green energy...