LAME woes

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 27 01:47:03 CEST 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 01:22 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> Michael Zacherl. wrote:
>> That  24bit AIFF can't be read is disappointing but not a flaw. IMHO LAME
>> functions as designed. I'd really welcome the chance of compiling a more
>> versatile Mac version and also "give it back to the community" but in fact
>> that's too much overhead for me in terms of achieving the original goal.
>
> It may be that your willingness to specify the issue, point to code, chat to the
> one or two key developers of that bit of the library, try out alpha-builds, etc,
> would be almost if not better than actually getting stuck in with the code
> yourself. The cost is in the time getting up to speed, rather than any
> particular skill in programming (I'm sure one this would be well within your
> ability).
>
> But anyway, I'm emailing instead of coding and composing.
>
> Heading for the depths...

heck, yeah!
the code is there, the makefile's there, the lib successfully has been used on other platforms - why not?
(besides that I don't have any kind of coding/compiling environment running on my laptop)

If I did the little "hack" of modifying the scripts that come with the iTunes-LAME package it would be a permanent workaround.
Timewise ... no idea whats better.
In terms of global thinking and sustainability an appropriate Mac binary should be the way to go - IMHO.

Happy composing!!  ;-)  m.

--
feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at