Piccies of 10 string Kantele

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 18 11:53:54 CEST 2010

Gert van Santen wrote:
> LOL! Good recycling :-)

I regularly steal things from my local recycle point.
Some idiots have approached me as if I was a thief, anyway ;)
Plenty of good stuff is thrown away and recycling, rather than using it,
is causing more damage to the world than anything else. This fad of
mandatory recycling with threat of fines etc. is causing MORE rubbish
and pollution, not less. My only conclusion is that, like the weapons
and military industries they monopolise, the controlling cronies are
channelling money into their own businesses.

But, I digress ;)

I also scored a bunch of old tools off ebay, for just over £10. An old
Stanley brace (always useful) 4 old wooden planes (huge jointing plane,
smoothing plane, 2 shoulder planes, some spoke shaves and a few
interesting bits, but useless. The wooden planes are probably 19th
century and I have already re-soled them with some walnut sheet. My,
those old irons (blades) work a treat! My modern plane which cost more
than this lot is a bunch of shit compared with these, the shavings roll
out in long ribbons ;)

> A thing of beauty. Do you have any recordings yet?

The only recording I have atm (busy on a few jobbies) is of it plugged
directly into the digimixer with some reverb:

http://www.sphinx.f2s.com/mp3/Kantele01-Guiseppi-Travels.mp3

Just a test of the DIY piezo pickup.
It can be strummed with chords as a backing too.
Acoustically, it's not very loud, bit less than a guitar, but it
sustains vibrations as if alive ;)