british elections

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 8 03:52:48 CEST 2010

Peter Korsten wrote:
> See, I don't agree with that. It won't take 30 seconds to find a page or
> Facebook group or whatever where people will complain about high taxes,
> and how the government is after their money, their guns (in case of the
> US), or anything else.

Of course, you don't have lords dredging moats, building duck houses,
buying second and third homes, porn and dodging taxes, at your expense.

> come to expect to be able to go on a holiday two or three times a year,
> and that they have a right to own their own house, and that the value of
> that house will have gone up by 50% by the time they want to sell it...
> it's all removed from reality.

If your property has gone up by 50%, you can be sure nearly all the
others you want to move to have gone up as well. I haven't been on
holiday abroad for 13 years...

> After all, you don't even pay taxes, and yet they pick up your rubbish,
> you get healthcare, they pave the roads for you... these things all have
> to be paid, one way or another.

You see. This is the 'Daily Mail Mentality' I detest in this country and
in Malta, it seems, probably the world.
To get you up to speed, the Daily Mail newspaper is a complete rag that
perpetuates social hate, for want of a better term, and prints old wives
tales and crass gossip.
How the f'k can I not pay taxes? I repeatedly say on here that I claim
no benefits, that means this household _has_ to pay the complete council
tax + water (£1300+ a year) plus nearly everything I do spend my money
on has vat. My partner and son both pay income tax as well. These
bastards rake in more than £6,000 per annum from this house alone. And
that doesn't even include VAT and bills. I can tell you we'd love to
keep all that and maybe have a nice holiday.

If I do not pay this council tax, I can look forward to being kidnapped
by plain clothed policemen, given a speedy judgement by a fake judge and
spend a month in prison every year, which is standard procedure for
rebellious people of this nature.
Just because I am too poor to pay income tax, by my own choice, does not
mean I can dodge all the rest without being incarcerated. I repeat, I am
breaking no rules, or even laws, just not behaving like a 'good citizen'
allegedly should. I'm the sort of person the stupid readers of the Daily
Mail assume is a benefit scrounger or tax dodger when I am nothing of
the sort. I have more scruples and pride than any P could possibly admit
to, and just as much right to them as real humans ;)

> When I look at this country, Malta, there is the lowest labour
> participation of the entire EU, and a disproportionally large public
> sector where there are a lot of jobs that are superfluous. Those that
> have a real job have to pay for those that have a 'fake' job, or no job
> at all (like stay-at-home mums, still very popular here).

Imagine the average family with the stay at home mum/dad.
Most often, she/he is supported by _the other partner_, not by anyone
else in society. If the other partner gets TAX credits to help support
the partner, or their children, it comes off their own bloody income
tax, not someone else's. The entire families that don't work at all for
all their lives are few and far between. I have no axe to grind with
those that do this, especially single parents. It's a hard job and none
of my business. In a true democracy, where people are free, this is a
legitimate choice. Slavery is supposedly abolished, huh?
Money is really just a way to legitimise slavery, innit? ;)

> The money simply isn't there.

It's in Iraq and Afghanistan, China and Africa, some banks have it, the
queen has a slice, Tony Blair has millions of it, some of it went on
mortgages for politicians families and paying folk to oversee those that
choose which order potholes get filled, when they simply all need
filled, for example.

> And lets face it, our wonderful democratic system allows that the people
> get what they want, and as a consequence, they also get what they
> deserve. Would a meritocracy have prevented this? Possibly, but it has
> other consequences. There should be room for ideology, and the means to
> bring that ideology about.

The Conservatives only have one seat in the whole of Scotland in
Westminster, yet claim a mandate to rule over us. With all the obvious
vote rigging and democratic system failures, perhaps these holistic
views of democracy actually delivering what either the people want, or
deserve, anywhere on the planet should be scrapped for the lie it is.
Casting a vote once every blue moon in a pointless contest doesn't
really give much of an impression of being democratic.

It's really disheartening when it's a hung parliament.
What happens every time is that the winners form a coalition of the
stupid with one of the runners up, usually third place. So, in effect,
the bronze medal winner steals the silver medal. Not that it matters,
because they all still work in roughly the same jobs, win or lose. In
fact, being in opposition, the shadows, must be the worlds biggest skive
job on the planet. Just accept it, Gordon.