What's the best denoising software?

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 30 14:42:40 CEST 2010

> If you're /very/ serious there's CEDAR (http://www.cedaraudio.com/).

I've been to that place, well the UK one anyway.  It's not far from
where I am in Cambridge.  I went for a job interview there.  No I didn't
get the job :(

The MD is one Gordon Reid.  He of SOS "Synth Secrets" fame ("but I
recall a review in Sound On Sound a while ago that was very impressed.")
and a SOS contributer.....

Gordon's a great guy and came to one of the Synth DIY UK meets. He's
also the keyboard player in a Pink Floyd tribute and called the Floyd
Effect.  I saw them recently locally and they were awesome.

http://www.thefloydeffect.com/

Anyway, I'm digressing.  I use the noise removal algorithm in Adobe
Audition but have also used some of these bad boyz to good effect.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/RX/

Cheers

Chris