NI Maschine Classic Emulation

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Mar 21 17:13:23 CET 2010

Jay Vaughan schreef:
>> OTOH, I'm constantly recording, mastering and chopping French
>> voice-overs atm, and that's "almost" the same as making music ;-)
> \\\
>
> this sounds great - all in your studio?

I've been recording voice-overs now since at least some 4-5
years. It's all about "e-learning". My "supplier" has given me
jobs for rather big companies like Deutsche Bank, McAffee,
Coca-Cola, etc. My job is recording voice-overs for in-house
computer courses (for example about computer safety, management,
that kind of stuff).

Until last week, I have been recording most of the voice-overs in
my own studio. Since there's many people from all over the world
in Wageningen (University and Research City), I could choose from
a huge pool of languages like: French, Italian, German,
Hungarian, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, Brasilian Poruguese, etc.
(strangely enough, we had problems with finding British English,
but a couple of music-barians have been friendly enough to help
me out with samples (the job got cancelled, but perhaps next time
:-).

Since last year, there's more and bigger jobs coming my way, and
it's simply impossible to do all recording by myself. So we've
decided to give some of our best "Voice Talents" a small usb
microphone (Samson Gomic) so they can record at home. This needs
quite a bit of instruction, and I'm even writing a small manual
now about voice-over recording (first timers often sound hollow,
distorted and/or noisy). Also, we have recruited some external
semi-pro voice talents who are willing to do this job. Plus we
have a back-up studio that is helping us every now and then (hi
Romain ;-).

So what I do now, is still recording stuff myself, download
recordings of others, master and chop the recordings (cut them
into little pieces with the right code) and upload them to the
server of the client. Also for chopping I have now 2 girls who
like the work and are in need of some extra cash.

So, for the time being, this is going rather well :-)

And since I've delegated quite a bit of work now, I can even
start translating the new Robert Ludlum novel tomorrow :-)

Cheers,

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n