New track - Game Over

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 15 09:50:59 CET 2010

Mostly, when I use softsynths, I skim through some of the sounds (which I
know quite well) to get a nice building block. I like to build up the
structure quite fast so I don't like to spend too much time tweaking at that
point.

When I got a solid idea, I start tweaking the sounds, sometimes changing to
another sound based on how the track progressed and start tweaking that one.
Tweaking is mostly done to the filters, envelopes and fx. If it's an arp I
often change some things to make it fit better. The last year I've also
started sculpting the sounds quite much with eq and fx.

So it's a bit different from when I use the Virus, on that one I *only* use
my own sounds also with some tweaking to fit the track. Not because I would
mind use other peoples sounds, it's just that I've made a collection with
sounds that I like so I tend to stick with them.

Personally I don't care so much about the preset/no preset issue, if it
sounds good, it does, but It would be nice having a few more
hands-on-synths, but...it's a hobby so time/money are sometimes critical
issues.

/Micke