Windows Home Server...

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 13 06:16:59 CET 2010

We had a squirrel get in a transformer here yesterday and took out the power
for a bunch of blocks (he didn't do so well either).  In the process an old
computer I had been using as a file server with a RAID card went belly up.
I had a copy of Windows Home Server laying around as part of my Microsoft
Partner subscription so I thought I'd give it a try.  I have to say that so
far I'm really impressed.  The semi-raid features and remote access and
backup for all the systems on the network are working great.  It's built on
the Server 2003 platform so it should be as robust.  Certainly worth
considering.  Now I just need to copy over the 2TB of data from the old
server...

James R. Coplin