Zappa

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 12 15:30:04 CET 2010

> In other way; I wonder if Zappa will have a facebook account if he will be
> still alive  , but I think no one will be surprised if I say that  I'm
> doubting about it ;)

LOL :) I think he would need to wait a few years and see how things develop,
but, around 2015 or so, I think he'd start telling it like it is.

I spent some hours recently looking and listening to Zappa material (Dweezil's
playing of his dad's music, I think is *very* musical, and I also enjoyed Steve
Vai soloing in Dweezil's band). Two of my favourites of the great man himself
speaking:

http://is.gd/alkEk
http://is.gd/allOH

And a weird clip from a TV show in 1976, where he just plays a guitar solo. It
starts off just like anybody could play (except, of course, you can tell who's
playing it from the sound), but then, although it never gets really complicated,
it swiftly moves into the realm of genius, and you realise there are few like
Zappa, who have ever visited Earth:

http://is.gd/almHP

 From the time when guitaring was new.

Tony (HB)