Hartmann Neuron

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 8 18:27:30 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM, 1101110110010010100111001
<numode at gmail.com> wrote:
> I played with it a couple times and both times it did not sound like
> anything I couldn't create using software instruments. It had cool morphing
> features but I could never justify buying it for that price. I expected it
> to have some innovative technology under the hood but alas, the curtain has
> been drawn and the wizard is just a gray box in disguise.

The innovation would have been in the software and control surface,
not in the CPU it used.  I dont really see how that matters.  If you
open anything these days your just going to find, essentially, a very
large cell phone or calculator.

So, of course you could recreate it with software....thats all
anything really is.  The issue is does the hardware give you a
compelling user experience for the price.  In the case of the Neuron,
it sounds like it doesnt.

Tony