modular love

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 3 15:35:43 CET 2010

Well, sort of true I think.  I own a couple of modular systems and they do
reach a critical mass where they are complete as an instrument.  My Serge
system is that way, I don't see me ever adding to it.  The last panel I
bought was probably 8 years ago.  My Modcan system is a full 6 packs
currently and I think that two more six packs (maybe 4) and it will be done
as well.  At some point the gains of adding modules diminishes with actually
having to work the thing.  That being said, that "complete" stage is a
fairly hefty modular.

James R. Coplin

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Tony Scharf
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:08 AM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: modular love

Ive been borrowing a lot of Modular gear lately, and currently have a
Macbeth M5 in my studio (those on facebook have seen some pics of it).
 Its really, really nice.  The only thing I could think that would be
better is if I had two of them I could patch together.

Which brings me to my only issue with modulars: no matter how many
modules you have, it would always be nice to add more.  I am finally
getting to a state where my studio is more or less settled, and this
would be like kicking a coke habit by taking up meth.

Tony

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:57 AM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:
> Very nice. Makes me want to go into the studio and patch everything into
everything else, just to see what happens..;)

> right now it's bass and piano practice. No modular for me in 2010...!
>
> (I sometimes so do want one, though. So many things you can't do with the
Ms-20...!)