rpm10 - track reviews

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 2 19:00:49 CET 2010

Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
> Just started listening... starting with Alien Moon... :)
>
> Holy ****, they can't all be this good ?!

Guys - the bar has been raised!

Just a couple of things:

Chris mentioned he was slightly unhappy with Cosmic Speed Limit. Get real!

With Time Has Been, Will Be, Won't Be, this is just perfectly done, cos the
story of the song-making is related to the song-story, and there's no pretending
the attitude; like someone climbing out of a pit to sing. Dragging bits of
knowledge still not making complete sense. You cannot improve such moments, and
any musical additions have to be made by someone (Joost) who is connected to
that person. So, angst? Full on. Hard core.

And in a parallel universe, which may be this one (this one.. here) I can
imagine "In Space" being played in clubs, without a trace of irony.

And in another parallel universe... Michael Zacherl and Gert have formed an
upgraded space-rock band, and generations of Hawkwind fans realise they've been
listening to a foretaste of the *REAL DEAL MAN* :) I mean, Tim Blake and Huw
Lloyd Langton were my heroes, and you've put them out of *business* !!!

In this random musical snapshot of the bar, everyone is looking like themselves,
which is a pretty impressive achievement.

Tony (HB)