RPM 2010 deadline approaches!

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 22:17:23 CET 2010

On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

>> This is bloody brilliant!  Details for how you put it together,
>> please!
>
> I'm guessing a bunch of superb samples.

Yea, EastWest Quantum Leap Orchestral library - it's an orchestra at
your midi keyboard :) Everything else is Stormdrum2pro/Maschine for
percussion, NI Fm8 and Massive for synths - in Logic.

I'm still trying to figure out if the whole sampled orchestra can be
legit enough for me for tracks - surely I would love access to a real
orchestra but well heh...

> What got me was the actual notes. An
> arp, and some accompaniment which actually superimposes minor/major
> (I always
> liked that). Glass, did this, but not so overtly. But nobody's
> spotting it in
> Andy's piece. Really good :)

yea, I was trying different ideas and this just immediately said space
to me

> In the end, it's having something to say...

yea totally, it's weird speaking in music, I think it's really
something I am just recently truly understanding