RPM 2010 deadline approaches!

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 17:06:18 CET 2010

>     Track: Undock/Absence Of Light
>     Artist: Modular Grey
>
>     http://www.polaritydesign.com/music/Undock_AbsenceOfLight.mp3
>
>     Hopefully I am in time and the mix is alright.
>
> you're in time, and it sounds AMAZING!

Yeah - wow!! Really nice composition Andy!

Given it's got me thinking, I'll add what occurred to me on first listen: The
fast bass arps in the second half really park it closer to the Great Glass than
is necessary. The string samples in the first half are at odds with the
thoroughly natural-sounding woodwind and brass - and percussion! The contrast
between the synth bass and the orchestra could be more pronounced - as I think
it's something a lot of classical composers don't do well.

My understanding is that this was put together in a few hours... wow!

Looking forward to listening to all the other tracks :)

Tony (HB)