Live HW controllers

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 29 02:58:05 CEST 2010

I never tried the ipad till now , but i think there is or will be  a way to
configure the sensitivity for the % of the values ... but I get  your point
of view  in what you said ...

Otherwise I have the SL novation MKI and  if you have more than 8 faders you
have to go from page A to page B then move  the fader to make it active
which means you change the value of the controller which is suck, I know the
mkII is touched sensitive  but I think the problem can be the same cause it
will be a range of values with nothing till you reach the right value of the
DAW controller selected to active the change-value wanted ( cause not
motorized)   ...
One example :

| First 8 tracks (setting pageA):         | Second 8 tracks (setting pageB):

| F1A: value X                                   | F1B: value X
| F2A: value X                                   | F2B: value X
| F3A: value X                                   | F3B: value X
| F4A: value X                                   | F4B: value X
| F5A: value X                                   | F5B: value X
| F6A: value X                                   | F6B: value X
| F7A: value X                                   | F7B: value X
| F8A: value 100%                            | F8B: value 50%( but 90% is
wanted)

Lets say you want to go from 50 % to 90% in page B but you are in Page A: so
you must  go from PageA to page B => then you must touch it (if you didn t
touch any fader before the change in PageA cause the MKII got only one
screen) you see his value on the display : 50% ok ! but your fader is on the
top which is 100% so you have to go down to reach the 50% and then go up
again to reach 90%( I hope it works this way, dropping from 50% to 100% (by
touching it) then going down 10% to get 90% will be insane I guess.
The same for all faders thus the feeling is actually to stay focused on the
screen of the MkII and It s not practical to reach a value to finally be
able to change it , but it s only what I think ...

I hope my example is not too confusing ... :S
All in all I could be wrong I never tried Automap 3 ...

for the price I like the Behringer BCF2000 (motorized faders) and the
BCR2000.

Let me know ...

:)

<http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCF2000.aspx>
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>wrote:

> On Jun 28, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Romain / rXg wrote:
>
> > Ipad and +2 Launchpad could be very sexy imo ...
> > (the novation Zero SL MkII is not with mechanical faders and it's a bit
> shame, specially if you want to use more than 8 tracks... )
> > Ipad compare to Novation Zero SL MkII seems to be quite obsolete knowing
> that the Ipad seems to be portable, you could run with it on stage cause no
> wires :) ...
> > I m sure there are couple of more stuffs which make the Ipad more
> interresting for live than Zero SL MkII ...
>
> From my first play it was not as responsive as I would like, occasionally I
> would hit a different clip and nothing would happen. May need to tweek the
> set up or play around with it a bit more. Also you really have to be focused
> on the device when changing things to make sure you are touching the right
> thing, obviously because you cant do it by feel. It's pretty cool though to
> have it talk back and forth with live, all setting updated and all
> parameters for synths, and the sequencer as well, all wireless. But I don't
> think it really replaces the feel of hardware buttons(more adds to it), at
> least for me.
>
> Are you not a fan of lives takeover modes as far as the non motorized value
> adjustments? I ment to ask this before is it annoying?
>
> I bought the APC and ZeroMKII as I found them for a good price, also what
> sold me on the Zero as well is it has regular MIDI ports so I might have a
> go at making a template for my Mopho box, yay asdr sliders

Romain