Live HW controllers

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 27 00:55:08 CEST 2010

I have been having such a good time with Live lately I may hold off on getting a new(analog) synth and pick up some hardware for Live instead, also things like logic and reason entered my head :)

I have been gawking at the APC and the Novation SL(MkII) ever since they came out and I know some people on here have them. On one hand I'm trying to decide between them, and on the other hand trying to see if it would make sense if I got both, and if they would be able to play nice together? Also I already have a Launchpad so that in combo with an Zero SL MKII = closer to the face features of the APC.

Some thoughts running through my head - APC40 + APC20 + Launchpad(have,) or Zero SL MkII + Launchpad(have) + 2nd Launchpad, or APC40 + Zero SL MkII + Launchpad(have) etc... Or just either the Zero or the APC40, no reason for overkill if not needed I guess.

Any thoughts from people? Do you like your current set up? Curious what would your optimal set up be? I am most interested in how they function software wise on both, my main thing is having the easiest set up possible, meaning just works, no bullshit, super quick knob assignments etc...