well, this really ruined my day...

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 21 16:05:48 CEST 2010

Why is that bogus?  A small application you can run against your development
product that checks that all the appropriate handles, call backs, etc. to
ensure that all the required features are hooked up and responding was
great.  Otherwise I had to hand test each entry and exit point on a driver
while developing and that could take forever.  The entire piece still had to
go through unit testing but each time testers send code back to the
developer the costs are enormous.  This kind of an utility saved several
trips back almost certainly.  Microsoft gives it to you and I thought it was
great.  It also was useful when a vendor would blame Microsoft for their own
crappy testing.  Over the years I've come to believe that a lot (not most,
bit a significant amount) of the bitching about Microsoft is in fact from
crappy companies shifting the blame from their own inadequate testing and
development.

James R. Coplin