well, this really ruined my day...

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 21 15:24:20 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Tony Hardie-Bick <tony at entity.net> wrote:
> On 20/06/10 20:10, The Dong wrote:
>
> I think those of us running Ubuntu 10.04 can just quietly snigger at those stuck
> in the other world.

Stuck is a good way to put it.  Ive got significant investment in
software and projects that run 'in that other world' not to mention a
workflow that I like.  My Native Instruments plugins, particularly,
have become instruments I love using.  Yeah, it took a wile to love
them (particularly reaktor) but now that I do I would not want to give
them up.

But its not helpful to the discussion anyway. You can hardly blame a
hardware failure on the software platform.  Even if I switched to
Ubuntu right now (or even a mac), I'd still have a dead audio
interface to deal with.

Tony