Digital TV

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 18 11:25:01 CEST 2010

Changeover.
Yes, we all know about it.
How could we not?
There's been a massive, patronising campaign going on for years.
There's even that stupid robot with the round head emblazoned on a big
sign in the middle of our tiny village! ;)

I say, (Tony would say "let me tell you this") if old Jim discovered one
day that he couldn't get a picture on the telly to watch Beechgrove
Garden, he could simply phone up anyone, including the BBC, or step
outside and ask the nearest person what had happened. No need for
extensive, expensive campaigning.

Aside from that, on the one hand we are safer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7077464/Earth-becoming-invisible-to-aliens.html

On the other we could be ignored in the intergalactic sweepstakes (again)

To put it in perspective, there's more invasive exposure to that round
headed robot than the world cup! That's one positive, heh.