Need, analog, synth

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 11 21:35:57 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew

> You sold your voyager right? Why was it again?

Yes, I did.  Very tough thing to do as it was a present from Leah but:

1) I did not like the sound. It is just too classy and if you have listened
to any of our tracks, we are not really a classy kind of act..

2) too predicable.  Every time you turn a knob, you suspect you know what is
going to happen, and then it does..  I tend to favour a little more chaos in
my life..

3) interface.  Okay, it appears to be knobtastic but its one of those synths
where if you don't use it for a month, you need the manual!  Sure, 90% can
be done from the front panel but once you get into the menu system, it
really is very poor!  Compare this to the menus on the SunSyn and PEK
(again, only covering 10% of their functions) and Moog really are put to
shame.

I think I had received a Phatty, I would have probably have still have it.
I have never used one but I get the impression it is far simpler (a good
thing) and the filter drive sex's it up a little..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"