Re-Amp recording

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 21 16:39:02 CEST 2010

On 21/07/10 11:46, Romain / rXg wrote:
> Guitar (clean signal) --> DI --> Daw ---> Rp10 (pedal)--- > Amp

The weak point in that chain is the RP10. It would be much much better to use
guitar fx software in the DAW, or use a couple of analogue stomp boxes, or, best
of all, do as much as you can with the Marshall & mics, and just add a small
amount of echo or reverb in the mix, if necessary. The RP10 - like most digital
guitar fx that don't cost a fortune - uses cheap ADA converters. If you're going
to this much trouble to get a good sound, then you need to exclude it.

The other trick, is, whatever sound you end up with, play with it, for as many
hours, days, weeks or months you can. If it's truly a detailed sound, then your
own voice will eventually come clear through it, in a unique way, and everybody
will ask how you did it ;)

Tony (HB)