PC upgrade question

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 16 18:31:23 CEST 2010

On 16 July 2010 17:23, Ron West <ronwest at gmail.com> wrote:
> it is at work so it will cost nothing other than the headache of
> migrating all my software and data to the new machine.
> and yea, the current machine can be very S   L   O   W...

In that case, if there's nothing better on the horizon, seems like you
might as well go for it.  3.2GHz and 2GB definitely isn't going to be
slower than 2.6GHz and 1GB (although it will be a bit louder - if
memory serves, the end of the P4 line was Intel at the peak of their
run of throw more hertz at the problem and hang the inefficiency).

Jonny