EOS Rebel T2i lenses

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 12 11:59:08 CEST 2010

Op 12-7-2010 11:54, Jonny Stutters schreef:
> On 12 July 2010 10:31, S. Brodsky<samuel.brodsky at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Sounds just like my experiences too.
>>
>> Lately I have been using the 50 mm 1.4 more and more. On my recent trip
>> to Hungary, I only had 5D and 50 mm 1.4 with me and I didn't miss my
>> zooms at all. Produced great photos. It has been also my favorite lens
>> for wedding photography, especially for low light candid photos.
>
> And another in the ~50mm prime lens camp.  My only lens is a 28mm
> f/1.8 (aim was for something slightly wide of normal with the crop
> factor on the EOS450).  It's a bit awkward for portraits because you
> really have to get up close to fill the frame but I don't find it
> particularly limiting for anything else.  Very discrete and easy to
> carry around which is important to me.  At some point I might pick up
> a 100mm macro for close-ups and portraits and I think that'll be
> enough (unlike music, my photography GAS is pretty well controlled).

True! Also 1 point from me for the 28 / 1.8. An excellent lense!
If you've got 2 bodies, take one with the 28 and one with the 50.
You'll never look back ;-)

(OK, to be honest, I love my 18-300; great holiday lens, but the
quality and the lo-light are not as good, of course).

--
Gert
----

Gert van Santen