EOS Rebel T2i lenses

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jul 11 03:45:33 CEST 2010

Depends.  The extra .4 probably isn't going to save your life.  The extra
low light gain is marginal unless you want to go to a 1.0 or a 1.2.  Even
then, I've found that at low light levels, you generally want more depth of
field than 1.0 or 1.2 would give you.  If you want the extremely flat
background, that is easily achieved in Photoshop after the fact.  If you
really want low light shooting, you kind of need to upgrade the camera to a
better full frame sensor.   I find the Rebel line to be extremely noisy and
so using them in low light regardless of the aperture probably negates any
potential gains.

James R. Coplin